Are money trees toxic to dogs?

Are money trees toxic to dogs? Money trees are trees that are known as pet friendly and easy to grow. This tree is a local tree of south and central America that can generally grow up to 60 feet. The monkey plant is a plant that grows in the bog so, if you want to moderate your room from high humidity then you should grow this plant in your room.

This indoor plant never needs direct sunlight because this sunlight burns the plant and loss the leaf plant. As some people joke that this is a money plant but grows no money. But here we discuss only that are these money trees toxic to dogs.

So, the answer is no, because this is not a toxic plant but its sap inside the plants is highly toxic that can affect dogs and children. This plant is not toxic to dogs but it can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and fewer case of lethargy if ingested by sensitive dogs.

Are money trees toxic to dogs

As these diseases are not those diseases that need serious treatment so, you do not worry if your dog eats the leaves of the money plant. This is important that keep your dog away from money plants because dogs have a nature of playing and then eating plants.

If your dog eats too much quantity of this plant then it can be most dangerous to dogs. Eating a large number of money plants can cause kidney failure and even the death of dogs.

Are money tree leaves poisonous?

No, the leaves of the money trees are not poisonous to pets but caution of keeping your dog from this plant is better than any alarming situation.

What should do if a dog eats a money plant?

If your dog eats the money plant then this is not too dangerous but for some dogs with bad health may cause vomiting, ataxia, slow heartbeat, and depression. so, you should immediately consult your vet.

What are the side effects of money plants?

There are no side effects of money plants to dogs if they do not eat too much amount of leaves of money plants. However, this is the best plant for dog and cat owners’ houses.

The sign of toxicity of Money Tree to pets?

These plants are beautiful and lavish in green color and do not toxic to dogs but if your dog is affected by these plants then some signs of toxicity are GI Upset, Foaming or irritation at the Mouth, Lethargy, Trouble Breathing, Collapse, Muscle Tremors, Sores or Burns and Abnormal Body fever. If your dog is not suffering from these problems then this plant is not poisonous to your dog.

Which part of the money plant is poisonous?

As the money plant is in green color but on this plant, the flowers also grow. These creamy flowers of the money plant have great attraction power to bees, flies, butterflies, and bats.

The white & beautiful flowers and sap are parts of the money plant which is toxic to dogs and may cause any health issues.

Are Money Tree leaves toxic to allergic dogs?

Yes, the Money Tree is also safe for allergic and asthmatic dogs as well as for humans. This plant also maintains the air humidity for these dogs.

Is the sap from a Money Tree toxic to dogs?

Yes, the sap coming from Money Trees is toxic to dogs but this sticky substance could not cause a serious situation.

Advantages of money plant

The advantages of money plants are given below:

  • The money plant can survive without too much water, that way they are helpful to control moisture from the house.
  • They also need too much light so, you can grow them inside the house.
  • This plant with Air-Purifying Quality brings good luck. Because they are also known for the Good luck tree.


From all the above discussion you can also conclude a result that the money plant is not toxic to dogs but the sap of this plant is toxic to them so, you should always monitor your dog around these plants.

Keep these plants in a higher place with fewer leaves and clean the place for your dogs. If you see any change after accidentally eating this plant in your dogs then immediately consult your vet and do treatment of your dogs according to your vet.

Leave a Comment